A Liebster Award is for up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It's a social award - a virtual pat on the back - that gets people out of their bloggy-shells. It facilities interaction and dialogue....and a way to meet new bloggy friends (these are my own words....for an "official" description, CLICK HERE.)
I don't know if this is acceptable, but I'm going to answer BOTH sets of questions in one post; first Vicky's, then Lydia's. I will share 22 (!) random facts - 11 for each nomination, and nominate 10 bloggers - 5 bloggers per nomination.
There are the rules:
- Link back to your nominating blog.
- Answer the questions they have provided.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 up and coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers (I used FB as an indicator)
- Generate 11 questions to be answered by your nominees.
- Contact your nominees to let them know the news!
First, please visit Vicky's blog :) Tell her I said "sup?!" She has a dog, a cat, and FIVE chinchillas....she is totally cool in my book. Vicky shares her take on recipes, scrapbooking, yarn crafts, and other crafty projects too. In this post you can see how Vicky answered her questions when she was nominated, and the 11 random facts she shared about herself. Here are the questions she provided for me to answer:
- What's your favorite post you've written on your blog? ~~~~~ Definitely the Star Wars inspired pizzas. I had so much fun making them, even though Vader came out poorly, I still got the old man to eat pizza with broccoli on it :)
- Do you have any pets?~~~~~ I have a 16 year old kitty, Duke; a Smooth Coat Fox Terrier, Notch, and an Indian Ringneck Parakeet, Big Bird. You'll see pics of them in many of my posts and on my "about me" page, too.
- Pop or Soda?~~~~~~ I am not a violent person……"pop" enrages me for some reason. Soda all the way. (seeking anger management for the "pop" issues)
- Who's your role model?~~~~~~ My close friends and family always influence my life, so I'd have to say they are mine.
- If you were stranded on a desert island and could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?~~~~~~ Pizza, hands down.
- What's your favorite board game?~~~~~~I haven't played a board game in years! Does Apples 2 Apples count? There is no board involved? Yes? Okay, Apples 2 Apples.
- Coffee, tea or hot chocolate?~~~~~~ (D) All of the above.
- Do you play an instrument?~~~~~~ Sure, the violin, banjo, and ukulele. Had the question been: Do you play an instrument well? Then, the answer would be: NO. (My dog howls at the first played note, just to give you some indication).
- How many languages do you speak?~~~~~~ Two if you count gibberish (dothego youthego spetheke githegibetherish?). Otherwise, just English.
- How long have you known your oldest friend?~~~~~~ I met my husband in middle school; we started "dating" in high school. This year we are celebrating our 15th anniversary.
- What kind of car do you drive?~~~~~~ We "share" a vehicle (when I saw "share", I mean the hubs drives mostly…….always). We have a Toyota Tundra.
Now, please visit Lydia's blog :) Tell her I said "ayha!" She has a dog, who is her official taste-tester...love itl! Lydia shares both vegetarian recipes and meat based recipes...a little something for everyone! In this post you can see how Lydia answered her questions when she was nominated, and the 11 random facts she shared about herself. Here are the questions she provided for me to answer:
- What did you have for lunch today?~~~~~~ Leftover guacamole on toast with bacon.
- Do you watch/read Game of Thrones? Who’s your favorite character?~~~~~~ I Watch; Drogo & John Snow (swooooon!)
- Favorite adult beverage?~~~~~~ Beer. A timeless classic.
- What special skills do you have that would enable you to survive the zombie apocalypse?~~~~~~ Wow. My brother's prompt to read "How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse" would really come in handy….my skill is that I would keep my brother close by, Lou - The Zombie Slayer.
- What’s your favorite flower?~~~~~~ Daisies.
- Would you/have you tried online dating?~~~~~ No. I do express the interest to do so....to my husband....when he annoys me :)
- Explain to the old folks what “crunchy” means in today’s vernacular?~~~~~ A tree-hugging, granola-eating, lover-of-the-earth hippie. <3
- How many blog parties do you participate in?~~~~~~~ 40 recipe/craft link-ups, and 10 social media link-ups. I am at my maximum capacity!!
- Android or iPhone?~~~~~ iPhone, by default….I've never used an Android.
- What’s the name of the last movie to make you cry?~~~~~ UP! Don't be fooled by the animation. Have plenty of tissues and prepare for the ugly cry.
- How many items are in your purse right now?~~~~~~10 items or less: wallet, sunglasses, hand lotion, tissues, pen, pad, chap stick, phone, keys
My 22 Random facts:
I am an Auntie to 3 gorgeous kidos ~ I never measure out vanilla extract, I always eye-ball it ~ I feed my pets at the table (no judgy) ~ I much achieve PERFECT GRILL MARKS on my food when grilling ~ I am a huge fan of The Office ~ I watch Supernatural solely for the eyecandy ~ I do not have an active Twitter account ~ I lived in the woods, off-grid, for 5 years ~ I have harvested my own honey ~ I am First Aid Certified for cats/dog, and animal CRP certified ~ I still have music CD's ~ I just learned how to fold a fitted sheet properly ~ I have been on a cross-country road trip ~ I have never had raw sushi rolls ~ I wish I had toilet trained my cat ~ I love carbohydrates! ~ I dance with my dog - he likes it ~ I have stood on a glacier ~ I have swam in the Atlantic and the Pacific Oceans ~ humor is my coping mechanism ~ I know what's in them, yet I still love hot dogs ~ I do not want to have children ~ I will be the crazy eccentric old lady with 37 cats (I have accepted this). Okay, I threw an extra on in there...23 random facts!!
11 Questions For My Nominees
- Do you cross the street at designated cross walks, or jaywalk?
- Pinterest, or Facebook?
- What character on The Big Bang Theory is your inner-geek?
- What is your preferred method for cooking bacon?
- Wearing white after Labor Day.....yes or no?
- Would you rather be a passenger or a driver?
- All time favorite movie snacks?
- Favorite season?
- Have you ever grown your own food?
- Swedish Fish, or Gummy Bears?
- Do you have a funny voice that you use while talking to your kids/pets/loved ones? If so, describe.
- The Crunchy Delinquent
- Latina Mama Rama
- Motherhood In Progress
- The Chubby Chick Chronicles
- My Plate Of Crumbs
- Rocksprings Crafts
- Concerning Bugs
- Jenni's Ferris Wheel Of Food
- I Am Meg And So Can You
- Nat's Adventures In Baking
Proudly display the Liebster Award badge on your website, and go tell everyone that you just won a Liebby!!